To the north of the town of Paphos, approximately 22km away, is the historical village of Kathikas with roots dating back to antiquity, built at the top of a hill.
As for its name, rumour has it that the village was a stop-over for merchants and travellers since it is mid-way between Paphos and Polis Chrysochous.
Here, they would rest along with their animals at the old inn which existed at the time. Today Kathikas is still one of the most attractive villages of the area, well known for its great many vineyards, grapes being its main product and their cultivation the main occupation of the villagers.
Notable is the church of Panayia Evangelistria (AD 1870). The village forms part of the Laona project, whose concern is the general improvement and boosting of the greater area on the basis of its traditional character and nature.